Saturday 6 April 2013

ENOUGH DRAMA - DO SOME REAL GOOD FOR A CHANGE

There are certain songs out there that cheer us up or somehow are evocative of our own experience. Right now I love Firework and another big favourite is  Katy Perry's song 'Hot and Cold'. I am incidentally waging an ongoing debate to get my youngest sister to let her daughter see my copy of the Katy Perry 2011 world tour movie, Part of Me. Kelly Clarkson's "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is another fave for trying days.

Sometimes, some other music follows me through my day. I especially like an oldie called 'It's getting better all time', not always true perhaps, but with my seven year old nephew singing the Blondie song, 'One way or another', I am right there. Sometimes, like Pat Benatar, I say, 'Hit me with your best shot'.

However, right now, I think it's time for all of us to start 'Taking care of business'; preferably our own, for a change. Take note P.C. Word Police, and other bossy people trying to tell us how to run our lives, 'Go Ahead With Your Own Life'.* Let the rest of us get on with our own!

By the way, out of My Space and line of vision! While you are at it, Get off of my Television, that I, not you, pay for!

There are people doing worthwhile things every day. Maybe some of you, with too much time on your hands, can leave your various 'protest' rallies and join them. At the same time, perhaps take a break from offering up your Billionaire parents money to some nebulous 'good cause'.

Who knows, you might even, accidentally stumble across a way to find some productive use for your time; relating to real people for a change. Help someone who is ill, elderly or suffering, even if it's only by donating a few dollars or a few hours to helping people who are truly needy for a change. 

The rest of the decadent bunch, affiliated by age and privilege with this lot,  probably can't even pretend with the others that they feel principled and noble as many protest movement squatters pretend to. Them, we will find, still in the Shopping Centre, buying up Louis Vuitton $1,500+ handbags and various other expensive crap.

Buy a Blanket for a Shelter, donate a couple of dollars to a Refuge or Food Bank or a Hospital. Spend a bit of time with someone who is alone or battling a serious illness in pain and without company. Do almost anything outside of indulging your useless selves for a change. GET A LIFE, one which you may someday make into someone you might finally be proud of.


Note: The reason you recognize some of the words from popular songs is  because very talented musicians shared their considerable talents with the world and gave us words and music we can enjoy in our lives. Bless em all.

*My Life-Billy Joel-1978

No comments:

Post a Comment