Monday 29 April 2013

BABY BOOMERS - TALKING ABOUT MY GENERATION STEPPING UP

The Who were talking about My Generation in 1965. I didn't start talking about them much before a couple of years ago.

I was just living my life, trying to teach myself how to live more simply and get away from all of the frantic activity I still saw all around me.

I don't think its a good idea to carry the past with us into the present especially the parts of it that we think we might have, could have, should have lived another way. I try hard to always remember that I used the best judgement I could when I made my decision in the past. If it didn't work out the way I wanted, so what, something else happened. Meanwhile, I am still standing, and so is Elton John, just as he said he was in l983.

I think postponing your life any longer isn't wise. The youngest of the Boomers, born in 1964, is now (gulp!) almost 49 years old. What are we waiting for?

News Flash! Yet again, the world didn't end on December 21, 2012. Anyone who is still waiting for the next predicted end of the world date, is also waiting for the lottery to pay off and a lot of other things we should maybe not count on.

Maybe it might be a good idea to see what the weather is like outside your window, or even look up the weather in England and Australia as I do. At least, you will be doing something when you think that there is a 14 hour difference with Australia, from where I live and a 5 hour difference in England and they are hours ahead of my time of day...when I wake up in the morning. At least you won't call the Aussie's at noon...more than once and it does some good, if only for that reason.

The time to do what you need to do to be happier, feel younger, feel successful, feel fulfilled and generally to teach the world 'to sing in perfect harmony', whether drinking Coke or not; is now.

Let's all of us Boomers, take the first step toward doing all of the stuff we somehow haven't gotten around to yet. Meanwhile, let's clear out the old junk that we are still carrying around but haven't needed for years.

While we're at it, let's start talking about my generation. There are enough of us that a whisper will do.



NOTE: (SEE ALSO)
#1 BABY BOOMERS - A 25 YEAR SPAN BETWEEN 1946-1964 (2011);  
and
#2 BABY BOOMERS - I JUST WANT TO CELEBRATE ANOTHER DAY OF LIVING (2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment