Thursday 27 November 2014

NOT A MINUTE TOO SOON


I came home from a really nice trip to the Mediterranean on September 28th, had a bit of sleep and immediately started writing. At the time I was sunburnt and happy and thinking about what a great place the world is.

My inbox, especially on the Google sites looked like a bomb had exploded. My personal emails had a joke from two people from my distant past. These 2 have been in the periphery of my life for Decades. They keep in touch, I sometimes reply and it continues. Another guy who should have been gone almost 5 years ago still jumps in and out of my life to feel better about himself and his life, not mine – his.

I suddenly realized that these were not friends or even represented good experiences from the past. I started to think about how UNFINISHED BUSINESS STALKS US. Sure enough, a couple of weeks a problem I have been avoiding came back, intruded twice and continues to darken my present days, because I still refused to deal with it and totally finish this off.

This is what the BAGGAGE we carry around does to us. It puts a cloud of grey into our day, then our week and then our month. This does not dissipate enough that it goes away, it just sits above us and keeps pushing itself forward.

This is the real menace of letting our junk run into the present. The present gets clouded over by the past. All we can do is remind ourselves that it is time to put it away, not tomorrow or next week or next month. The time is now.

To get our sunny days back and keep moving forward into the holiday season happy and brightly ready to celebrate the good things in life, we need to push the past away firmly and for good.

The past has wasted enough of our time recently. It’s not a minute too soon to do whatever it takes to move forward today and every day from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment