Tuesday 25 November 2014

A USEFUL LESSON

I mentioned once that I was taught a very valuable lesson while I was still in High School by a young guy who knew one of my friends at the school. 

He told me that if I, or anyone else told him they were honest, he believed them and took them at their word. Later however, he would see them with their friends and he would know.

I have used this test myself ever since. When you claim a person is your Friend, one can expect and even assume that you will treat them well. In fact, if there is anyone in your life you would treat well, it would be someone you consider to be close to you and your Friend.

These days actually, some people are even closer to their friends than their families. This makes this small test more important than ever.

Therefore, I will probably always use the little test of observing you with your friends to tell me more about you than you yourself might want to tell me. 

When you tell me you are honest, I will take your word for it, but, I will see how you treat your friends and I will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment