Tuesday 11 November 2014

DREAMS OR NIGHTMARES?

I now realize, that some time ago, I made a conscious decision to choose hope over despair, optimism over pessimism and happiness over sadness. To do this, I try to look forward as much as I can and when I realize I am having a bad time, I try to figure out why and turn it around if I can.

I’d rather imagine and look forward to a good day than contemplate a bad one. Immersing yourself in all that is wrong with you and around you is a recipe, not for success, but rather, discouragement, frustration and powerlessness.

Frankly I actually don’t care about the dispensers of ‘free advice’ who seem to be all around us. Whether it’s the media telling us we are not sensitive enough to one group or another or merely that Calvin Klein has decided that you a Plus Size model if you wear a size 10, which is below the average size of most normal healthy women; either is as nothing to me.

Among other things, who died and made them our sources of expertise anyway. Besides, I’m not seeing them lining up to pay my bills…so, I say instead, trust your own instincts.

To live a good life, know yourself, make your own decisions, trust yourself to know what is best for you and your own understanding of what you need to be happy and, GO FOR IT.

You will be happier leaving all of those who say you couldn’t, shouldn’t and won’t succeed, because you will. Leave them to tell you, and everyone else they know, what they should be worrying about and all the dangers of trying something new.

You, meanwhile, will probably be both happier and more productive than they will ever be. You will be leaving them behind to contemplate the nightmare that is a ever worsening state of the world, while you are busy living your life looking forward to the next good thing, with every expectation that you can dream and make your dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment