Wednesday 20 August 2014

YOU TALKING TO ME?

Some mornings you wake up and wonder where you are? For the past couple of weeks I have been wondering why I let someone give me some ‘free advice’ and secondly, why I am still carrying it around with me.

Why did I not instead ask them if they were talking to me, and whether for some reason I looked like I needed their unsolicited advice? But I did not, so here I am still paying for it.

I have tried all of the things I usually do to put expensive ‘free advice’ behind me, but none of them has completely removed the annoyance from my life. 

Frustrating that distraction, movie watching, talking to nice and caring people, going out, emergency dental work and a doctor’s visit haven’t succeeded.

Now you know why I consider ‘free’ advice so costly. At the very least it wastes productive time and gives you a pain somewhere. This latest round has been no exception.


Maybe I should wear earplugs or hum out loud to myself. Seriously, I have now lived long enough to know that this too shall pass, but in the meantime I wish I’d told the ‘advice giver’ to tell it to someone who cares.  

No comments:

Post a Comment