Wednesday 20 August 2014

NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED

About a week ago, I mentioned that I overheard and shortly after spoke with a Woman trying to book a trip to Europe at a Travel Agent. I spoke about how she had more ideas about what she might not be able to do than anyone I’d ever met and I ultimately saw her as someone living a life full of limitations.

Though I might comment on someone timid and afraid of life because I am observing something I just saw, I have to admit that you and I might recognize and comment on someone like this because, beneath the surface she could easily be me or you.

Denial will not work since I know that many of the things I might have considered trying to do when I was younger have long ago become things I know I would not even consider doing now. I wonder about that person sometimes. Would she really have tried Skydiving? How much longer would she have been ready, willing and able to take off for anywhere, anytime had she not suddenly let a new found ‘fear of flying’ ground her for a full 20 years?


When something is true and we know it, people admit (if only to themselves) that the speaker is right. Join me in admitting - NOTHING VENTURED, NOTHING GAINED and then consider what you and I might be able to do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment