Tuesday 19 August 2014

WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU'LL GET

I was just sitting here thinking that I wish there was some way we could all spread some sunshine all over the place and put on a happy face. Someone thought about this and wrote a song about it.*

Meanwhile, I’ve had a lot of black thoughts recently about how sometimes all of us, me right now especially, can feel really taken advantage of. The result of this kind of preoccupation can lead to a very negative outcome. In fact, if you and I aren’t careful all the good stuff that is happening at the time, goes right past us and we don’t even notice it.

Last Saturday was my Birthday but I was still annoyed about a couple of people in my life who I felt were taking me for granted. As a result, I had a very odd day.

The calls that came in on my message machine did not make me as happy as they usually did. I was more preoccupied with the people who had rained on my parade than those who were remembering me and celebrating with me.

Luckily for me, celebratory events and surprises continue. The day after one of my sisters, her husband and my niece arrived with balloons, a cake and coffee and treats for me to enjoy that day and every day since. This was a unique celebration since often we do not meet up until long afterwards and usually I only get a phone call from them. What a wonderful surprise and a blessing.

By looking at some past event, I had been carrying around, I risked missing all of the good around me. That it was around my birthday made it stand out more. However, what I am saying is that any day can become a bad one if you let it be clouded over by gloomy thoughts. Something to think about since WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU’LL GET.



*PUT ON A HAPPY FACE – 1958 Musical - BYE, BYE BIRDIE

No comments:

Post a Comment