Wednesday 1 October 2014

UNFINISHED BUSINESS STALKS YOU

There are times when I think the past comes back into our present. This is sometimes in a fairly agreeable way when we, for example, meet up with someone we knew well, always liked and have not seen for a long time.

When you look and feel good, this is a bonus, especially when this is an Ex. You may, at some point read about my opinion about Ex’s in my essay from earlier (KISS YOUR EX GOODBYE, FRIENDS I THINK NOT). Well yes, still as valid now in theory as it was at the time. However, I also wish I practiced what I preach on this subject. 

I have this convoluted concept of Karma, Kismet, what have you, that says that people that come into our lives do so for a reason. Whether our interaction with them is a good and happy one or not, I have decided each and every person we meet can potentially teach us something we need to learn in life.

I’d also go along with people who say ‘There are no Accidents’, well, to a point I guess. I do not think ‘life is too short’ as some of you already know. I have a need however, to try and grow and improve and appreciate the many ‘blessings’ I feel I have been given, so try to not dismiss new things summarily.

Like Malcolm Forbes (founder of Forbes magazine), my life has already been so much ‘More than I ever Dreamed’ that I would be outright ungrateful if I did not express thanks and celebrate the beauty it has been my privilege to experience. The many lovely people I meet constantly encourage and amaze me as well.

Nevertheless, whether I feel everyone comes into our lives for a reason or not, people still around on the periphery for decades who were either not good friends or were not good friends to have around for me personally, may be ones I should make the exception of not keeping in my life. Two had sent me notes in my Inbox last week and one (unfortunately) might just be on the other end of the phone line anytime if I pick up rather than let messages go to the message machine first.*  

For good health, reviving even incidentally, past associations, especially heartaches does not help you move ahead and often just bounces you back to something in the past that should not even intrude on your consciousness except by accident. Give yourself a mental health pass and say goodbye for good, clearly and unequivocally and finally give yourself a chance to move on to a new and hopefully, brighter future.


*Predictably the one call I picked up without screening was, you guessed it, was Thanksgiving holiday wishes I could have lived without. I have only myself to blame but heck, we are all a work in progress aren't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment