Sunday 19 October 2014

DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'*

The music hits you between the eyes and you realize you are listening to an anthem. You need this today to remind you to keep on going and thinking about what you are trying to accomplish.

I am loaded down with my blog sites, they need dozens of hours of my time to edit them. I sit down and 4 or 5 hours later, I realize I have not moved. If I am lucky I made and poured out my Coffee (and brought it with me) to the computer. If not, hours have passed and I am still in my P.J.’s and probably I am late to meet someone if I don’t leave immediately.

Meanwhile, were I to doubt what I am doing and had I not had proof that someone somewhere is reading what I write, I’d be tempted to do massive deletions and just erase the whole kit and caboodle and put the whole idea away for…what? Another five years. However, I’ve been there, done that.

This is a new endeavour and not only am I looking at it a different way than I have in the past, as a need to work things out on paper and then store the ideas away in a box, but also, I am writing about different things and with different results and to an audience.

So…when I hear this song, I realize that we have to Believe in ourselves, understand what it is we are doing and possibly figure out why so that we understand it is something we need to do.

In a discussion earlier today with someone, putting off what you need to do only keeps you from accomplishing what you feel in your heart you have inside you to do.

Sometimes you just have to ‘bite the bullet’ and say to yourself and everyone else around you…this is my time…NOW OR NEVER. Meanwhile, Don’t Stop Believin’ in yourself and your dream.




*Wikipendia says "Don't Stop Believin'" is a power ballad by American rock band Journey, originally released as a single from their seventh studio album Escape (1981).

No comments:

Post a Comment