Friday 17 October 2014

WE'RE ALL IN THE DANCE*

Earlier today, Google Statistics informed me that my 200+ essays had reached 19,000 readers. The site began around Easter of 2013 after 3 new ideas came to me to write about. Soon however, to my surprise and admittedly (at that point) dismay, I seemed to suddenly have 2 blog/post sites.

I remember coming home in mid May and being quite shocked to find 3,800+ items in my Inbox. 

I immediately announced that the site needed to close as of June 1st and tried to understand how such a wild number of entries could have come in during the few hours I had been out attending my Niece’s dance concert.

Little did I know that within a year, I would be receiving 200,000 items per month on both sites. The first site seemed never to really be closed down and continued to run parallel with the other. In fact, the Circles were closed to members by Google rules, on the first site, quite a long time ago. This site, had morphed into a community with a small official membership but continues to receive a gigantic incoming tidal wave of posts.  

My writing changed focus over what I wrote from time to time as a young person and while I was working. I try now to think more about the human condition we find ourselves experiencing and the Journey we are taking through life.

I have always spoken personally and deeply with people but realized that too many of those I speak with now seem are like a zombie community of ‘walking wounded’. We all seem to be carrying Baggage which weighs us down emotionally and physically. Nevertheless, I am encouraged that despite this weight we carry, we find the strength and willpower to enjoy life.

Unfortunately, I see too many people harming each other and causing others to feel pain. Sometimes it is inadvertent, other times too much subjectivity means that ‘me first’ trumps decency, civility and consideration.

Because I speak to a lot of people, now extending to Europe on several excursions, I often think about how similar we all are, yet also how different in some ways as well.

I understand very well that Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, applies to all of us for Food, Shelter and Clothing but not why our need for contact, companionship and connection with others puts most of us into cities and, all too often, trying to make whatever connection and contact we have with others into more than we probably should.

Were we less aware of our isolation from each other and the sad reality that our needs are not being met very well by our work, our families or other people who populate our personal universe, I wonder whether we would somehow be more at ease with ourselves, those around us, and life in general.

Tonight I thought of the song, We’re All In the Dance – La Meme Chose, which was sung by Feist in the movie Paris Je T’Aime in 2010. We’re all in the Dance and actually, of course, we are. Sometimes we Dance together, sometimes we Dance alone.

I am happy that I have your encouragement and company and often your kind support in words to accompany me and that you and I are on the same journey from time to time at this point in our lives.

I hope I contribute to yours, because I must say Thank You again, because you sure do give me a lift up and help me face the new day with optimism and encouragement.

I know that some of you will be checking in today and walking beside my thoughts and ideas and I will enjoy and be inspired by the beauty that you so wonderfully direct my way in your awe inspiring posts, photographs and writing.

Thank you. 
Emme Bradford



*LE MEME CHOSE/WE’RE ALL IN THE DANCE - Written by Elizabeth Anais and Claude Montheux in 2006/2008 - here is an English version that I found on the internet. La Meme Histoire (French and English combination) sung by Feist in the movie Paris Je T’Aime (Paris I Love You)


Life's a dance, we all have to do
What does the music require?
People are moving together
Close as the flames in a fire
Feel the beat; music and rhyme
While there is time.
We all go 'round and 'round
Partners of lost and found
Looking for one more chance
All I know is,
We're all in the dance
Night and Day, the music plays on
We are all part of the show
While we can hold on to someone
Even though life won't let us go
Feel the beat; music and rhyme
While there is time.
We all go round and round
Partners of lost and found
Looking for one more chance
All I know is,
We're all in the dance
We're all in the dance
We all go round and round
Partners of lost and found
Looking for one more chance
All we know is,
We're all in the dance





No comments:

Post a Comment