Wednesday 10 September 2014

HAVE A LITTLE FAITH IN ME

The more people I talk with, and I talk with a lot of people, the more alike I find we are. For example, I have yet to meet anyone who would consider themselves a bad person. Neither have I met anyone who thinks that intentionally and deliberately harming someone else is anything other than monstrous.

People everywhere eat, drink, love, live and die. What I find most of all, is that under the surface of every person is an individual human being. That individual human being has needs and wants, hopes and fears, loves and hates. 

Once the necessities of life such as food, shelter and clothing are met, the form in which the person seeks to meet their higher (or aesthetic) individual needs may vary in appearance and form.

It may seem that some people are happier than others and more optimistic, while others may seem downright cynical and pessimistic. Some people seem to value their possessions and what they accumulate more than other people.

Nevertheless, I doubt that there is anyone who does not want someone in their lives to value and respect them and consider them a good person.

I feel that all people, ultimately want someone they care about to recognize and acknowledge their worth and consider them to be deserving of love.

I truly believe that every one of us, hopes to have someone accept and  respect us. That someone you love and respect believes in you, both encourages you and confirms to you that you are a worthwhile human being.

In the end, I believe what each and every one us individually as Human Beings ask, is that someone in our lives takes the time to HAVE A LITTLE FAITH IN ME*.



*song HAVE A LITTLE FAITH IN ME – John Hiatt 1987



No comments:

Post a Comment