Tuesday 15 October 2013

WHAT WE NEED

I am beginning to reflect more and more on what unites us as human beings. The more I think about it, the more I look at our basic needs as humans as part of the human condition and universal.

Food and shelter, nourishment and protection from the elements and capricious nature certainly, but beyond this, the need we as humans have to be among others of our species and why we so easily and usually cluster and congregate in cities.

Man as a social being, with needs for companionship, camaraderie, recognition, acceptance and love is something each of us seems to viscerally need to satisfy.

What I hope to think about is how we get to the point where we seek and find the most important need, and that is to love...ourselves.

I am convinced that we learn to love ourselves, and when we do, we also learn to be happy - with ourselves, with others around us, with the world at large and with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment