Tuesday 15 October 2013

GIVING/GETTING THE LOVE YOU DESERVE

Because I lived so much of my life without a real partner, the miracle of finding one was something, I like to think, came into my life at a time when I was able to appreciate it. 

Whether we truly only appreciate something after it is gone is one of the monumental questions in life, however, smarter people than I have said, "Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all". I think they are right.

My loss is a permanent one to my life, in that it involved Widowhood. Your loss may be for other reasons such as separation or divorce. 

For others, never having found satisfaction and happiness with other people, a sense of something missing has become something they have lived with all of their lives. It is possibly not a loss, but a lack that they have to live with. 

I remember thinking that I was destined to be a nice aunt to my nieces and nephews. I would always be the 'good guy' because I was someone they would see on holidays and at times when presents were coming to them.

Little did I know then that, shortly after, my life was about to change forever and give me what I lacked and needed so much in my live. Love.

To get love, you must give love. To give love, you must be open and receptive to it. 

You make yourself open by giving and sharing of yourself with others by giving them your time and attention.

I am convinced that only after you learn to give love, selflessly and freely to those around you, that you will receive it back. 

Love is the unexpected miracle which life offers us when we are ready for it. When we give freely, we unexpectedly are given the best gift of all in return, love.



No comments:

Post a Comment