Saturday 15 June 2013

WILL TODAY BE A GOOD DAY OR A BAD DAY? IT'S YOUR CHOICE.


I began the Blog site after a hiatus of almost 8 months from the end of July 2012, because ideas were still coming to me about people having more trouble than ever in getting along. Everywhere I looked, especially in the news, things seemed worse than ever. I hardly thought we could do any worse with conflict and protests and bombings and generally bad news everywhere. I knew however, that we could do better.

My site and, what have become many essays, are set up to give all of us encouragement and to reflect a little about what we have in common as human beings. I think there has been far too much emphasis on what is wrong. The time seems to call for thinking about what is right instead.

I would rather spend whatever time I have, whether long or short, thinking about what we have in common as human beings, rather than, what separates us and prevents us from understanding each other. 

For some reason, I have survived Cancer and Widowhood and a lot else, and I am still here. What kind of life do I want to have for the rest of my days here on earth is a question, each of us must ask ourselves individually. 

I believe that, every morning, each of us, has a choice. Do we start to love life or do we postpone it for some other day?.

Each day can be seen as a new opportunity or a disaster. Each day we decide again what kind of life we want when we choose how we are going to look at the day ahead of us.

If we choose to have a good day...and this is a choice we can make; we can begin anew. 

If we choose to continue whatever was going on which made us miserable or unhappy yesterday; then we will have another rotten day to look back on tomorrow.

Someone sent a post saying - keep smiling, eventually life might quit giving you bad news. Ultimately, though it is more than this. Our perspective has so much to do with how we will act and react to what we encounter each day.

I am no different than anybody else, and so, just like anybody else, I can decide I hate everything and everybody in my life. I can start with the morning news and those people that predict that the world will end...while smiling their fake smiles at us. Then I can go to the commercial of the little brat scowling at her mother, until bribed by the cereal, the little darling, deigns to eat. If it's raining, I can get splashed or wet or miss the bus. I will have set the stage for a whole day of feeling rotten...guaranteed. 

The question is, what do I get out of finding fault with everything and everyone I see, hear from, or encounter in the course of my day? Do I want any sane, relatively happy person to leave my life? Is my goal to make sure that I am left alone, so that I can justify my unhappiness? 

The above is one option. Except for a very few people that thrive in total solitude, and I doubt there are many who do, I doubt it is the best option.

There is also another choice we can make each morning; to look on each new day as a NEW DAY, a new chance to turn things around and begin again.

No one's life of course, literally begins again on the following morning, because in reality we already have a life that is ongoing. However, even a small step to turn our perception from an automatic negative to, even a small begrudged positive, could start us on a new path.

Somewhere farther along we might even begin to actually appreciate, and in fact, express our gratitude that we have been given another chance to enjoy another day on this beautiful earth. It can all begin with a small step and lead us to enjoy, and ultimately, celebrate another day of living. 

One of the beautiful posts I received recently gave a quote from Ray Bradbury, the science fiction writer who died on June 6th, 2012: "Looking back, over a lifetime, you see that love was the answer to everything". 

Something to think about tomorrow morning when you are about to decide whether you are going to have a good or bad day to look back on for the rest of your life.








No comments:

Post a Comment