Tuesday 26 May 2015

I THOUGHT OF YOU TODAY



I wondered how you were and what you had been doing since I last saw you. It’s really been a lot longer than I realized since we’ve been in touch. The note I attached to update the old records basically says what I have been doing in one area of my life, but there is so much more that has happened beyond this. Where do I begin? What do I want/need to say?

I could start by saying that I sometimes think of you. It would be true in a sort of general way because I wonder where you are and what you are doing. I remember when we used to talk to each other every day, but I no longer remember when we stopped or why.

I don’t remember your Birthday any more. Years ago I knew it as well as I knew my own. I’d start buying you things weeks before, whenever I saw something I thought you’d like. I remember how I gave you something every day for the week of your Birthday. I used to bring you something I thought you would like, a present or a treat. I was really happy when I gave you things that you didn’t know you needed and especially things you would never get yourself.
  
You meant a lot to me once. I can think about a dozen things we did together. I remember your family, the friends we had in common; the people we saw together and those we saw separately.

Do you remember how we used to be able to tell each other anything? I trusted you, so I know we must have been great friends, because even now, I don’t do trust or love without friendship.

Time, where did it go? I’m trying to remember if there was something definite that changed things between us. Was it you who went away first or was it me?

I thought of you today; I remembered you and a lot of things about you. That is why I dropped you a note. Glad you wrote back. We really must get together soon and catch up. Maybe we’ll get together and have a cup of coffee.

I wish you well. I hope your life is happy. Mine? It’s not too bad. It’s different than before. I don’t know anyone like you, but I can’t say whether this is good or bad. It’s different. I’m glad I got in touch and got to tell you that I thought of you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment