Sunday 1 February 2015

YOU MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT

It’s not hard to get discouraged from time to time. Sometimes you feel like you can't seem to get a break and everything is going south in your life. While this isn’t actually the case, we being human, can’t always help feeling this way. I found the best way to counter these kind of feelings is to become aware of them.

I spoke about a bizarre meltdown period I seemed to be in just before Christmas. I say bizarre because this is one of the times of year that I really enjoy.

The city is dressed up and everyone seems to be ready to have a good time. Most of us are looking forward to celebrating the holidays, first Christmas and then, only a week later, New Years.

I can’t give you an excuse, but maybe because the weather kept changing and it was raining a lot, I was not my usual self. Good thing though that I noticed it and still had time to snap out of it.

Of course, everything costs more and unexpected extra expenses get you down. Of course, it is cold in North America, so you dress for it and, if you are like me, ignore it as much as possible. Mainly you can do this because you realize that later in the year you will be very hot and walking around in sandals and light clothes most of the time.

No matter what comes at you, you rise up to the challenge and eventually realize you have tackled worse and come through it. When you think about this, it is likely that whatever aggravations and troubles you have now, will sooner or later (preferably sooner) be behind you.

What I am thinking is that you and I are still standing. We are still enjoying life and breath and friends and family and all of the things that make up our lives. A good thing to remember the next time you feel weighed down and frustrated by whatever passing detour life is putting in your path.

Using your own past and the life you have lived so far, you can muster the will and strength to pull yourself up and head forward again.

I believe in you. When you believe in you too, it will suddenly get easier and you can move ahead with your second wind and renewed energy and confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment