Tuesday 18 February 2014

IMPORTANT DAYS OF THE YEAR

Recently we celebrated and experienced Valentine's Day again. Whether we see Valentine's Day as a great day or we experience it in one of the ways the VALENTINE'S DAY movie did, with many different good and bad experiences; Valentine's Day has come to mean something to each of us as a yearly rite of passage.

Since I am someone who has had good and not so great Valentine's Days, whether involved with someone or not, I also understand the other movie, I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY.

Life, I find is a mixture of good and bad, happy and sad, highs and lows. Generally the idea of a 'Ying' matching up opposite every 'Yang' in life, seems somehow fitting. How else would we understand the differences in life without the opposite.

The events in the year that mark it's passage include some days important to us personally. For many of us New Year's Day and our Birthday are pretty important. Other holidays, especially Civic holidays such as Memorial or Labour Days mean a holiday from work for most of us, but are not personally significant.

What makes the landmark days important though are the yearly appearance throughout our lives and the way they bookmark our lives. I am glad they exist.

Whether some years, an event was a good one or another year, terribly sad for me personally, I am glad I can remember many, many of them and reflect on my life then. I think sometimes of the many people who I met and knew, as well as, people I met and still know. Best of all, I feel happy that I have more of these days to look forward to making new memories on.

WISHING YOU AND THOSE YOU LOVE AND REMEMBER MANY, MANY MORE MEMORIES, as well as, many years to reflect upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment