Friday 16 March 2012

MA'AM..SWEETIE (FROM 2012)

Someone once said we all become our Mothers. Lucky for me, I seem to have reached that point.

One symptom of this is my willingness to host family holiday meals and visits. Another is worrying about how everyone in my family is doing.

Beyond this, I seem to have accepted that I don't need the approval of others to feel good about myself. All I need to do is believe I am doing the right thing. I also think that 'what goes around comes around', therefore I don't need to concern myself about rudeness or Type A manias or self-centered people. Such people, are already their own worst enemies and should be left to 'knock themselves out'.

Perhaps I have lived long enough to begin seeing most people I meet in a neutral or positive way as someone might like, or at least, learn something from. 

My smiles for little children are natural and universally genuine in their affection. I genuinely find most little children very sweet and consider them to be 'the cutest things'.

Meanwhile, I can only think that all of this positive energy coming from strangers might be because people are seeing me affectionately because I resemble someone nice in their lives, like their own mothers or a favourite Aunt. To me this is a terrific thing.

Fairly regularly now, younger people stand up and give me their seat on buses and the Subway...yes, it still does happen. The shock of being called Ma'am, since I don't feel like a Ma'am, has worn off and being called Sweetie by a very cute young guy is just fine with me. 

What I see is positive energy is being directed at me by nice people and that with a bit of luck, I am giving out very positive vibes to those I meet...sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment