Wednesday 7 September 2016

YES AND NO


Sometimes I think I am the most indecisive person I know. There are times when making up my mind requires one or more sleepless nights. I tell myself that it is reasonable when making a ‘big decision’ to consider all of the possibilities, but who am I kidding; sometimes even little things can have me stuck in a groove.

Most people know their Sun Sign. This is the Astrology sign for the time in which they were born. I find this the case with both Men and Women.

Were I to say my Sun Sign is Leo, I am told that I would love memorabilia and photographs (I do). I would also be proud and vain. As one humorist wrote about Leos, they are cry babies. If you agree with them, they cry because you are such an understanding and sympathetic person; if you disagree with them, they cry because you are cruel and heartless.

However, I don’t think Leos are particularly indecisive and I have admitted that I am. There must be some other explanation. The easiest, by the way, is that the other main things that affect us in astrology are your Moon and your Ascendant. In my case, both of these fall in Libra – the scales.

A Moon and Ascendant in Libra, I feel, gives me a ready-made excuse for a lot of indecisiveness. I simply say that Libra people are all about Balance. I add, perhaps gratuitously, in my favour of course, that we look for Justice and Fairness. Well, that is what I would say if I was asked why it takes me so long to make a decision…but, really, who am I kidding?

Sometimes we are uncertain about what we want. Sometimes we think that, if we are patient, we will make a better decision. Maybe we feel that if we (finally) exercise a little patience, something even better will come along. Well maybe. Then again,maybe not.

I say that within ourselves we know when something ‘feels’ right. We say, it ‘suited me perfectly’, it ‘fit me like a glove’, it was ‘perfect’.

Maybe the reason we sometimes hesitate is because we sense that too much of a compromise is going to be needed to make the decision fit into our lives. I’d rather be a bit slower in making a decision than spend a lot of time later on having to figure out how to get out of a situation.

I’d say, go with your ‘gut feeling’. One Size Fits All, FITS NO ONE

No comments:

Post a Comment