Sunday 3 January 2016

TOO SIMPLE?



It seems to me that a lot of people around me recently, including myself, just spent the last couple of months of 2015 weighed down by the weight of the world.

It was almost like all of the problems you and I, and everybody else we knew or saw or heard about, were sitting right in front of us. What a drag!

It would be nice to solve this current situation by telling ourselves, and everyone we know, to LIGHTEN UP! It would be nice, but is it too simple and furthermore, what are the chances of it working?

I am thinking of something that the usual good night’s sleep or taking two aspirin and calling the doctor back in the morning, just doesn’t seem to work on. 

The problem, if that is what it is, is that it is happening to me, and most of the people I know, right now.  

It has got me wondering what really works when something seems vaguely to be hanging over you (and me), and maybe all of the world for about the past month. Like, what gives? 

More importantly, what is wrong with this hazy picture that I don’t think is only me imagining it?

Life generally teaches us, over time, that a lot of junk that used to bother us a lot, doesn’t have the same effect anymore as we get on with our lives. Some of this, actually qualifies as ‘what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger’ and has long ago proven to be true because, here we are and past rubbish is both the past, and rubbish.

Like, we got over fear of flying, or whatever else used to be such a big deal and now wonder what all the fuss was about. In fact, we wonder how we ever wasted so much time and energy on that old thing.

But that is not what we’re dealing with here. We are dealing with whatever garbage we are carrying around now. It doesn’t even have to make sense, it just is and most of us know and feel and see a lot of annoyed and irritable people, including ourselves, recently.

I know, it will let up sometime, maybe even soon, but at the moment, a lot of us are dragging ourselves around and seem a bit at sea about the State of the World and the STATE OF OUR WORLD and our lives.

For example, can you really see ANY of the people, currently running as candidates in the U.S. as a possible President of the U.S.? Just asking, because I can’t. Ditto, world peace, global warming and about a zillion other things that seem to be going nowhere right now…

At the moment, uncharacteristically for me, I wonder if we just have to find a way to roll with it. Since, most vague things you and I find bother us, usually pass out of mind and our lives, fairly soon, maybe today’s malaise will too.

Meanwhile, today I’m wondering if sometimes it is better to let whatever it is run it’s course. Maybe, like most stuff in life, one day something else will take it’s place. This might just be one of those times. See you on the other side…soon I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment