Sunday 23 August 2015

FOREVER AND EVER

We all have important days each year where we pause and remember. For many of us New Year’s Day, our Birthday or name day, our Anniversary or some other special day is one we anticipate and remember.

August 24th is one such day for me. It comes a week after my Birthday on August 16th, but it is always a bittersweet Day of Remembrance of my Husband, his life and his passing away from living and our life together. 

So many happy memories accompany any thoughts about him, that even now on the 10th anniversary of his death, I can't help but smile at who he was and what his being in my life meant to me.

I have few, if any, regrets about our time together. I am happy that I could treat him to ‘double chocolate fudge killer cakes’ in the hope of fattening him up and about many, many other things we shared together.

I will never forget how our Christmas stockings became baskets or boxes of favourite treats and goodies. His delight in having a row of treats and candy that reminded him of his childhood was a wonder to behold on one Valentine’s Day.

What he meant to me as a person and who he was as a person, live on in my heart and that of all of those who knew him. Though I can’t say that he was ‘The World’s Greatest’ man of principles, Integrity, Honesty and Quality to other people; he was to me.

When someone becomes your everything, what they mean to you, while they are with you and when they no longer are physically here, remains ingrained in your heart and mind and soul. They live on always, even 10 years later, because they are in our hearts forever.

What we who have suffered this inconsolable loss as Widows and Widowers know most of all, is Gratitude, because they have enriched and changed our lives and everything about us forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment