Saturday 6 June 2015

TURN AROUND

Today, someone posted that it doesn't matter how far you have gone down a road, you can still turn around. I agree.

The Road Less Traveled may have seemed a good idea at the time, but for some of us, living a solitary life isn't something we want to do for the rest of our lives.

Changes come to you, and at you also, whether you like them or not. There is no denying that Permanent ones involving loss are among the most difficult. However, no living, breathing person should want to stay in the same place forever.

My Mother and I both recognized that we'd already had a husband. Nothing was going to change the fact that our lives would never be the same again. However, Black never suited either of us, and sooner rather than later, you need to do what you can to move on.

I find, that a lot of things contribute towards a new outlook and help us make the changes we need to. 

In my case, in the last couple of years, travelling to Spain, across the Mediterranean coast to northern Italy has reintroduced me to a world that is more colourful and warmer both in their climate, attitude, decor, food and colours. 

I recognize that I have switched back to the 'sunnier' side in a lot of things in my life. I am happy to say that happily this direction is more familiar to me as a person than mourning ever was. 

Sometimes we have to become aware that we have been running on the spot for quite a long time. Often, in fact, we may have been running on empty without knowing it.

Once you recognize this, you can consider how much more time you want to spend there. I am convinced that in this area, as in everything else in life, no one can change us but ourselves. 

I still find I am able to see the future as a more interesting place than the past. 

In fact, I think, now that I have turned around, that I actually spend more time looking forward than I do in the present. I think that this change of direction will be worth it, even if I had to retrace a few steps before I found a new footing.

No comments:

Post a Comment