Tuesday 23 December 2014

TIME TO CLEAN UP MY ACT

What a ride this year has been. I can’t remember any year recently that has taken me on more of roller coaster ride than this one has. I hope to write about this fantastic year soon.

At the moment however, I need to immediately settle down since Christmas Eve is tomorrow and I have had to eat a lot of crow this week already.

I’ve never seen my temper flare up as it has the past couple of weeks and I am not saying this because it was a good thing either. Up and down, sometimes within a few minutes. Not a pretty sight, I assure you.

Yes, another $18 postage more than the $46 I had already put on the envelopes on the Christmas/New Year’s cards I FINALLY took to the post office, later than ever, may have been a good reason to get angry.

Yes, it was a disgusting waste of money! HOWEVER, it’s not much of an excuse in relation to starving people who couldn’t consider wasting this kind of money under any circumstances.

Were this an isolated incident I could cut myself some slack, but I am ashamed to say that I have been at best hot and cold for over a week now. I can’t justify it, and know actually I shouldn’t even try.

While I will not suddenly turn back to my regular volume and what generally passes for normal for me, at least I might stop losing my temper every time I stub my toe, get the wrong sized coffee and other stupid things that will not change the world dramatically.

Meanwhile, awareness can get me to slow down and settle down and give myself, and those around me, a break. Either that or I should go soak my head until I am fit to be among other people again. Sometimes that’s the best advice we can give ourselves until we settle down.


No comments:

Post a Comment